Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hello Friends,
My name is Pramod.The idea with which I started blogging still stands true. During those times my finances were very tight. I was reading heavily about how to manage my finances. One day I got hold of a book which my father gifted me three-four years back. It was stacked below my engineering books. I was a small book, think book with its cover named Rich Dad Poor Dad. Though such catchy names do not attract me much, but I decided to read the book. One thing that I understood from this book was that investment is essential. So I decided to start investing.
It took me few days to realize that investment does not mean just buying and selling shares. I decided to read about investment philosophies. The book that I got my hands on was called as The Little Book That Beats The Market by Joel Greenblatt. While reading this book I had referred several other books on investment. By the time I completed The Little Book I read few more books on Security Analysis, Reading Financial Statements. During my ongoing study about investment I came across a personality named Warren Buffett. This personal finally changed the way I used to think about money and investment. During this one year I really ready some useful books on investment. It was then that I realized that how less is there on internet about investment. I wanted to share my investment realization with my readers. It was then that a tagline first struck my mind. And this tag explains what investment means to me, “Investment is not an Option, it a Necessity”. In 2008 I started Getmoneyrich.com blog. Whatever I was reading and implementing on investment I started to put it in my blog. Within months I realized that blogging has become my passion.
All three of my hobbies, reading, investment and blogging fuelled each other. The more I was reading the more effectively I was investing. Effective investment motivated me to write a useful blog for my readers. I must admit that the whole cycle of reading, investing and blogging gives me immense satisfaction. This blog has allowed me to blend all my passions into one. All of my blogging and investing skills are self taught. I try to keep my expressions in my blog as real as possible with touch of my real-life investing experiences.
I am spending lot of time researching and refining my investing skills. I have a goal of achieving financial independence in next 10 years. I have realized that investment of money is ‘my way’ of achieving financial independence. Now a stage has come into my life where in 24 hours, everything I do is for achievement of that ultimate goal. Every single article I write in my blog is my learning that brings me one step closer to my goa

No comments:

Post a Comment